ZINC AND ALUMINUM DIE CAST SET UP / OPERATOR
We are one of the industry’s leading ISO 9001 Certified manufacturers of Die Cast Aluminum and Die Cast Zinc products. We provide complete finished castings with extensive secondary operations conforming to the highest standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aluminum and Zinc Die Cast Set-Up
- Set up all job orders and perform die changes per schedule.
- Operate Cranes and Lift Trucks to transfer dies.
- Perform die changes in a safe, accurate, and efficient manner in order to reduce down time during set ups.
- Perform related labor as required to clean up, set up, and organize. Return the dies, tools and materials to the proper location.
- Perform all required quality checks. Obtain first piece approval before die set is complete.
- Operate manual zinc and aluminum die cast machines – Hand ladle molten metal.
- Able to work in a team with another set up members to reduce change over time.
- Organize and prioritize in order to meet goals to reduce machine downtime.
- Communicate with team members including Maintenance, Supervisors, Quality and Co-Workers regarding any machine issues.
- Review and recommend process improvement(s) opportunities to reduce die set change over time.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong mechanical ability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Zinc & Aluminum Die Casting is preferred.
- Foundry or equivalent experience is required.
- Ability to operate forklifts, overhead cranes and hoists.
- Proficient with the functions and capabilities of Die Cast / Foundry machinery.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor.
- Flexibility to work extra hours when needed.
- Ability to problem solve and multitask.
- Very Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Vacation and Sick Time
- 12 Paid Holidays
Cast Specialties, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time