Die Repair Machinist
DIE REPAIR MACHINIST
We are one of the industry’s leading ISO 9001 Certified manufacturers of Die Cast Aluminum and Die Cast Zinc products. We provide complete finished castings with extensive secondary operations conforming to the highest standards.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY OF DIE REPAIR MACHININST:
- Makes Repairs to Die Cast Tooling.
- Works from drawings to analyze difficulties and diagnose repairs needed.
- Set up & Operate standard tool room equipment including manual mills, lathes and grinders to machine parts for die casting equipment.
- Uses precision measuring devices.
- Makes new slides, cores, ejector pins and pinions.
- Cleans die cavities.
- Polishes molds and cores.
- Adjusts gates as needed
- Removes drag, straightens cores, drills water lines, ect.
- Assists in removing stuck castings from molds as needed.
- Routinely review production schedule and die repairs needed list to ensure dies are ready for production.
- Work directly with other department supervisors to expedite priority jobs in order to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Ability to communication with production manager, set up and foundry supervisors to assure dies are operating effectively.
- Minimum three years foundry or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three years die repair.
- Working collaboratively as part of a team; must be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to problem solve and multitask.
- Very Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Vacation and Sick Time
- 12 Paid Holidays
Cast Specialties, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time