SECONDARY MACHINING SUPERVISOR
We are one of the industry’s leading ISO 9001 Certified manufacturers of Die Cast Aluminum and Die Cast Zinc products. We provide complete finished castings with extensive secondary operations conforming to the highest standards.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY OF SECONDARY MACHINING SUPERVISOR:
- Responsible for supervision of Secondary Machining department staff.
- Set up and Operation of equipment such as drill presses, milling machines, grinders, sanders and tapping machines – Manual Machines – No CNC.
- Will work directly on the shop floor to ensure that production of products is at the highest quality level.
- Schedule day to day work assignments for all team members; provide specific work instructions and distribute job cards to all secondary machinists.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of machining processes.
- Checks castings against prints and maintains job instructions and quality checklist.
- Keep inventory of drills, taps, coolant ect – orders as needed.
- Monitoring daily production levels and employee efficiency.
- Routinely review work order backlog deadlines/requirements and attend daily production meeting.
- Work directly with other department supervisors to expedite priority jobs in order to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Ability to act as a liaison to the maintenance department to assure machines are operating effective and efficiently.
- Minimum five years Machinist experience.
- Minimum five years of hands on supervisory experience.
- Working collaboratively as part of a team; must be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to problem solve and multitask.
- Must have good understanding of continuous process improvement.
- Very Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Vacation and Sick Time
- 12 Paid Holidays
Cast Specialties, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time